Campervans and campervan conversions are vehicles which resemble a traditional van or have been converted from a road-going van.
We can tailor all of our motorhome upgrade services to suit any aspect of your motorhome, including for coach built and campervan conversions.
Popular camper conversions
- VW Transporters – the most popular for camper conversions UK-wide, VW Transporter conversions can make the most of the many available extras and conversion accessories available. VW Transporter camper van conversions remain versatile as a daily run-around vehicle, as well as weekender campers.
- VW Crafter – a far larger vehicle but popular for conversion with plenty of options for creating a long-haul home away from home.
- Fiat Ducato – with its large size and several length and height options available, the Fiat Ducato is popular for professional conversion.
- Ford Transit and Transit Custom – when it comes to campervan conversions Ford Transits are a popular choice. There are usually plenty of pre-loved and nearly new vehicles available to purchase and convert. However, you should consider that anything over two years old is probably too used for a campervan conversion.
Other popular makes include: Mercedes Sprinter and Vito; Nissan NV200 and 400; Renault Traffic; Citroen Relay, Berlingo and Dispatch; Peugeot Boxer and Expert; Vauxhall Vivaro and Movano.
Campervan conversions ideas
Campervans are perfect for upgrading – from how they are used and how systems perform, to how the interior is designed. Most of the vehicles above have a ‘classic’ conversion layout. However, there are also extra ways to maximise the limited interior space of a camper conversion:
- Add a roof-fitted campervan awning so that space can be quickly organised once the van is parked up.
- Fitting a bike rack makes it easy to bring extras like bikes with you, but in ways which distribute the additional weight evenly and without losing interior space.
- Solar panel fitting is an easy way to convert a basic interior into a fully functioning habitation space. This means interior spaces can offer mains sockets, appliances such as fridges and charging points for mobile devices. Flexible solar panels make it possible to power the leisure battery through solar, even if the conversion features a pop top in the roof.
Depending on the type of vehicle, upgrading from the vehicle’s hard commercial factory suspension to something which offers a smoother ride, easier handling and lower height can be a great benefit to a campervan conversion. Suspension upgrades are particularly popular with the VW T5 and T6 models and we’re happy to offer services and advice on this.
All of our campervan conversion and upgrade services are available for all of the popular conversion van models. We can customise our services and products to suit your vehicle and your needs. So, if you have any specific questions about your campervan conversion, just contact our expert team on 01903 21 31 41.
You can also fill out our easy upgrade request form at the bottom of this page and we’ll provide you with a free, no-obligation quote.
All our campervan conversion and fittings upgrade services take place at our Sussex workshop. Our team of qualified technicians and product experts has been independently assessed and fully certified under the Approved Workshop Scheme (AWS).